Posted in Christmas, Gifting, Online Shopping, smart shopper
on Nov 21st, 2013 | 0 comments
With the impending festive season, people are gearing up to brave the stores in search of gifts and gadgets, furniture, clothing, appliances, toys, and more. We say, be a smart shopper! Why spend hours in queues in crowded shopping malls, and miss out on all the festive fun? Online shopping not only saves time, it could also save you money! Browse and compare prices of mobile phones, groceries, electronics, clothing and accessories, jewellery, toys, appliances – and basically anything that you need, without leaving the comfort of your own home.
Here are a few online shopping tips and tricks:
- Discount vouchers and coupon codes: Look out for stores offering discount vouchers and coupons. During this period, some stores give up to a 50% discount, depending on the volume of products you purchase.
- Price comparison sites: Price comparison sites help you compare prices from various retailers / online stores. So, you’ll always know which store is selling at a cheapest rate, ensuring that you always get the best deal.
- Watch out for clearance sales and promos: During this period, most stores offer discounted rates on most of their products.
- Check for reviews: It should be a good practice to always check for reviews about the stores and products before making a purchase – knowing how other consumers feel about the product could be a useful purchasing tool.
- Know your size: When shopping for clothes and clothing accessories always use the size chart – it is a guide that helps determine your size, against the manufacturers’ sizes.
- Know the organizations return policy: Sometimes online shopping can be risky due to the fact that you don’t get to see or test the products before making online purchases. Images can also be very deceiving or the quality might not meet your expectations. So, save yourself the hassle by reading the stores return policy, which is usually stated in their terms and conditions.
- Confirm availability of products: When shopping online, confirm the availability of the products before making payment.
- Free delivery: Always check for free shipping or discounts on shipping costs.
- Special offers: Watch out for special offers, auctions and deals
- Subscribe to newsletters: Shops often promote their specials or good deals within their newsletters, or even hint at upcoming specials to look out for.
While most people are thinking of how to go about it, a smart shopper knows where to get the best deals!